Saturday, April 8, 2017

Sarah

NOT AVAILABLE

Here is my painting called "Sarah". It measures 24in x 18in and is oil on Canvas.

She is the daughter of my very good friend Shirley. I painted this to call attention to individuals who occasionally come up against certain aspects of life that inhibit personal growth. This could have easily been me in this picture, however I thought I've done enough self portraits.

I wanted to add a few indigenous teachings into the painting. 
The Thunderbird is our messenger to the creator and is able to burn away all that is dead, giving way to new beginnings. The smoke is then able to heal our inner soul.

Anyways, this is my tribute to Sarah. She's a smart and talented young lady with good taste in music who I know will be prosperous in life.



No comments: